Monday, October 11, 2010

The Sandblaster

The Hot Wheels 2010 model year sees the introduction of a brilliant pre-runner style off-road truck: the Sandblaster!  Based on the 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor, HW designer Jun Imai has taken the Raptor to the next level.
Immediatly you'll notice the upgraded off-road tires, wheels, and lifted suspension, offering improved ground clearance for extreme wheeling. Ground clearance has been improved from 2mm on the MBX Ford F-150 SVT Raptor, to 3mm on the Sandblaster.
The next thing that really caught my attention was the pre-runner style bumper, the fiberglass fenders and bedsides, and instead of a bed you'll find a rear cage protecting the sizable fuel cell and a tank of compressed air or nitrogen. Topping all this off is a whopping total of seven HID lights to chase away the darkness. 
The Ford F-150 SVT Raptor is a really exciting truck and I have to tip my hat to Jun Imai for making the beautiful pre-runner rendition that is the Sandblaster. In fairness, to offer some criticism, I would have liked to see a spare tire, as I don't think I would leave home without one. As with any die-cast truck with large wheels bent axles seem to be the rule and not the exception, so it is likely I will upgrade my Sandblaster with more sturdy axles in the not-so-distant future.
I am looking forward to seeing even more exciting off-road vehicles coming out of El Segundo. So before your next big race, be it the Baja 1000 or the Backyard 100, be sure you check out this capable pre-runner.

1 comment:

  1. One bulb is used for high beam and one for low beam. These more sophisticated hid lights price
    over $200.

    ReplyDelete