Friday, August 19, 2011

Swap Shop: Path Beater, meet Rock Shocker

Some time last year I came across the Hot Haulers 5-pack from Hot Wheels.  A big selling point for me was the very nice looking Path Beater, with a sweet race inspired tampo.  One thing that threw the truck off for me was the wheels.  No, it's not that they are plastic (I actually prefer plastic wheel/tires in some cases) but rather that they are rather wide and have a gold line that all in all gave the truck a bit of a goofy look.  Well, lo and behold, I have found the perfect solution, the Rock Shocker from a Matchbox 5-pack.


The painted red rims from the Rock Shocker are a great fit with the yellow and red flames and as you can see below the truck looks much more realistic with the narrower tires.  I threw the Path Beaters old tires on the Rock Shocker for grins, though it is about to donate its chassis to another project.


This mod did require a spot of super glue to hold the axles in the Path Beater, but otherwise the whole thing goes together with just one screw.  Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment