Thursday, February 16, 2012

Feeling the wind in the Carrera GT

I came across a Porsche Carrera GT that was in need of a new paint job, so I figured I would let it air out a bit.
Now she's ready to go cruising!
I started by drilling, cutting and tapping the posts that hold the bod together.  After that I grabbed a cut-off wheel for my Dremel and went to town on the roof of the Carrera GT.  It is important to work slowly to prevent breaking the cut-off disc as this will halt your progress and the little bits that fly everywhere are a bit painful.  So after I cut out the roof I grabbed my small sanding drum and again fired up my Dremel, smoothing out the sharp edges.  I trimmed the plastic that connected the windshield to the engine cover and screwed everything back together.  Then I smacked myself in the forehead and unscrewed everything so I could put a driver and passenger in this sweet supercar.  I used Loctite blue fun-tac to secure my driver and passenger so they are not always stuck with the same old ride.  Those little guys are pretty darn expensive!

Let me know what you think. I will see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment