Sunday, February 26, 2012

Get Blown Away by the Lamborghini Aventador

The 2012 Hot Wheels line-up sees the addition of Lamborghini's new flagship the Aventador LP700-4.


Lamborghini unveiled its latest supercar in 2011 and the Aventador went on to be named Top Gear's car of the year.


The Aventador takes styling ques from both the Reventón LE and the Estoque concept.  I am a big fan of the Reventón's stealthy futuristic looks so I found this to be quite appealing.


Stuffed in the midsection is the massive 6.5 liter V12 that cranks out 691 brake horse power and a 7-speed semi-automatic transmission.  For a four-wheel drive car that weighs only 3,470 lb (1,575 kg) this rockets the Aventador down the track from 0-60 in only 2.9 seconds and gives it a top speed of 217mph.


While I am not sure if I like the Aventador more or less than the Reventón I can say that it is a welcome addition to the Lamborghini family and my die-cast collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment