Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Swap Shop: Land Cruiser FJ40 & Sahara Survivor

I always love it when a wheel swap goes well.  I love it all the more when a wheel swap goes both ways.

Having just picked up a few of the 2011 Hot Wheels Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40s I knew at least one of them was going to get some new shoes.  Introduced in 2010 from designer Jun Imai (think Sandblaster) this new FJ40 is a great example of an outfitted desert racer.  There was of course one complaint, the wheels.

After swapping in some wheels from a Matchbox Sahara Survivor I was pleased with the result.  Just for grins I fitted the axles and wheels into the Sahara Survivor and I was quite surprised to find that they were a really nice fit and actually look pretty darn cool. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment